We are the sole representatives of U-Crane (Russian Arm) in Scandinavia. We are based in Oslo but travel easy. ( We have been to Morocco ) The vehicle is transported is a special purpose built truck.
Its has been pushed to the limits on the feature “Børning 3” and international features like “Mission Impossible 7 and 8”, “The Tenet” and James Bond ” No Time to Die”.
The AMG Mercedes ML comes equippped with 5 monitors and intercom all integrated within the cars interior. The ML can on closed circuits drive at speeds up to 180 km/h with the U-Crane. With our strong arm an Flighthead 7 upgrade you don not need to worry about camera payload. We also have HD Rain/Snow deflectors that withstand heavy rain and snow.
We work all year around but specialize in snowy and icy conditions.
It is a high speed mobile crane arm used for photographing moving vehicles from just about any & every angle you want in all weather conditions. Shots are setup on the fly & adjusted instantly. Sequences can be as dynamic as your imagination
- Extreme studded tires for ice (se picture)
- HD Rain/ Snow deflectors.
- Radio communication with other cars
Specification for the car:
- Mercedes ML55 AMG with 350HP
- Öhlins racing dampers special built for this car
- Uppgraded brakes to extreme racing
- All monitors and cabling is integrated side the car
- Extra seat fitted in the booth for the Russian Arm operators comfort and safety.
The Legendary and Academy Award winning U-Crane was designed by FILMOTECHNIC in Ukraine as the first of its kind mobile camera remote crane system. It is the most flexible and stable camera system on the market. The U-Crane changed the way in which film makers shoot their tracking shots. It inspired directors and DP’s to create the most amazing dynamic shots ever, such as the high speed and breathtaking scenes on ‘War of Worlds’ or chase shots in ‘Transformers’. As well as numerous tracking shots for ‘Mission Impossible ’, ‘Fast and Furious’, ” James Bond” and many others. It is also quickly became the preferred tool for shooting car commercials and action features. The U-Crane is the unique combination of a gyro stabilized remote system the ‘Flight Head’ and a remote camera crane. The U-Crane keeps the camera steady while going high speed, across bumpy roads or off-road.
Specification for the U-Crane
- Pan & Tilt axis are gyro-stabilized
- Length of the arm 4,5 meters (Optional 6,2meters)
- 360° panning capability
- Operating Tilt angle ±45°
- Speed 6 sec / 360°
- Max camera payload capacity 25 kg
- Weight up to 300 kg (RA, FH, Camera, Counter Weights)
- Operating at speeds up to 180 km / hr